How long does it take for Transport Focus to deal with my complaint?
If you contact us in writing (via our website, email, post or fax):
- we will aim to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence within five working days of receiving it
- if you contacted us before contacting the train company concerned, we will forward your complaint within five working days and ask the company to respond to you directly
- if you want us to make a representation on your behalf to a train company, we will investigate your complaint with the train company concerned and will aim to respond to you with the outcome within 35 working days. If this is not possible then we will keep you informed about what we are doing.
If you contact us by telephone, we:
- aim to answer at least 95 per cent of telephone calls that we receive, with at least 85 per cent answered within 20 seconds
- will return your call within 24 hours or when we are next open for business, if you can’t get through to an advisor and you leave us a message
- will handle your call in a professional, polite and helpful manner
- will keep you informed during the course of the call and explain what we are doing if we have to put you on hold.
Complaints and advice