How long does it take for Transport Focus to deal with my complaint?
If you contact Transport Focus in writing (via the website, by email, post or fax):
- Transport Focus will aim to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence within five working days of receiving it
- if you contacted Transport Focus before contacting the train company concerned, your complaint will be forwarded within five working days and the company will be asked to respond to you directly
- if you want Transport Focus to make a representation on your behalf to a train company, then it will investigate your complaint with the train company concerned and aim to respond to you with the outcome within 35 working days. If this is not possible then you will be kept informed about what Transport Focus is doing.
If you contact Transport Focus by telephone, the complaints team will:
- aim to answer at least 95 per cent of telephone calls that they receive, with at least 85 per cent answered within 20 seconds
- will return your call within 24 hours or when Transport Focus is next open for business, if you can’t get through to an advisor and you leave a message
- will handle your call in a professional, polite and helpful manner
- will keep you informed during the course of the call and explain what is being done if you are placed on hold.
Complaints and advice