How will Transport Focus deal with my complaint?
We will undertake a full and fair investigation into your comments and complaint. We will consider whether the response you received from the company met the following criteria:
- answered all of the issues that you raised in your complaint
- was factual and contained accurate information
- explained how the train company will attempt to prevent a reoccurrence of your complaint, or how it is working to tackle the problem
- was a personalised reply to your own concerns
- offered, where appropriate, a level of redress/reimbursement that was appropriate to your complaint and within industry national guidelines
- was clear and easy to understand
- was handled within the timescales set by the train company.
If we do not think that the company has handled your complaint appropriately then we will ask it to reconsider. If necessary we will raise the issue with the management of the company.
A copy of our Customer Complaints Handling Procedure can be found here.
Complaints and advice