Skip to content

What do I do if I have a complaint about the Strategic Road Network (SRN) or Highways England?

In the first instance you should contact Highways England directly.

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Highways England, you could refer your complaint to the Department for Transport’s Independent Complaints Assessor (ICA).

If you think Highways England has not done everything possible to resolve your complaint, you can also ask a Member of Parliament to contact them on your behalf, or ask them to refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO).

The PHSO will expect you to have tried to resolve your complaint at the earlier stages of Highway England’s complaints procedure before they look into it.

  • Road users
  • Road users


Related content

Latest news

Transport Focus comment on Prime Minister’s northern rail devolution speech in Rotherham

Find out more
Latest publication

Cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians: measuring satisfaction with journeys on Highways England’s network in the West Midlands, Berkshire and Hampshire

Find out more
Latest post

Why not ‘Give bus a go’?

Find out more