Accessibility statement for Transport Focus website
This accessibility statement applies to content published on the website transportfocus.org.uk.
This website is run by Transport Focus and was created by Browser Creative. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible.
We’ve designed our pages to conform to a minimum AA compliance rating as specified by the Web Accessibility Initiative.
The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 400% without problems
- manually resize screen fonts (Internet Explorer users can access this facility through the View > Text Size menu. Many other browsers support this feature by pressing Ctrl and the + or – keys. Please refer to your browser Help if this is not the case.)
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including Browsh and Google’s screen reader extension).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website isWe know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of the text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software; some of them are missing information in the document properties as well – please email email@example.com to request any documents you need in a different format
- some live video streams do not have captions
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 0300 123 2350.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com. You can also call 0300 123 2350 and ask to speak to the head of communications.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Transport Focus is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
PDFs and other documents
Many of our old PDFs and downloadable documents are not wholly accessible to screen reader software.
If there is a specific document that you would like to request in an alternative format we will do our best to oblige where possible and practicable. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call 0300 123 2350 and ask to speak to the head of communications.
We plan to add alt-text for all images by September 2023. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix research reports from before this date. However, anyone who needs an accessible version of one of these reports can contact us email@example.com to arrange this.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations. However, we will make all efforts to caption it where possible.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 17 May 2022 and updated on 17 April 2023.
This website was last tested in June 2022. The test was carried out by Webusability. A re-audit will take place in May 2023.