Passenger Focus Thameslink Franchise 2013 initial submission
11 June 2012
Passenger Focus has today published its initial submission and recommendations to Government for the next Thameslink franchise. Drawing on research with over 5000 passengers Passenger Focus has identified the core requirements as:
- providing a punctual and reliable service
- delivering value for money
- provision of sufficient capacity, both in terms of frequency of service and sufficient seating on the train
- effective management of any disruption, especially through information to passengers.
The watchdog also suggests that improving the speed of journeys will merit further consideration in the new franchise.
Passenger Focus notes the scale of the new franchise and recommends that management, information and passenger satisfaction should all be considered at route-level to ensure responsive and transparent service provision.
Passenger Focus will continue to engage with the Department for Transport (DfT) and shortlisted bidders to discuss and highlight key passenger issues and the findings of the research. A full response will also be made to the formal consultation.
Notes to editors
1. Please click the link below to view/download the full response which was published May 2012: