Going electric: the drivers’ view – upcoming event
04 March 2021
Join Transport Focus and London TravelWatch as we explore drivers’ experiences and views about electric vehicles. We’ll also hear from Rachel Maclean MP, the Minister at the Department for Transport responsible for the future of transport and transport decarbonisation.
With sales of new petrol and diesel cars being phased out in 2030 as part of achieving net zero carbon emissions, we’ll be asking about the experience of those driving electric vehicles today. Are petrol and diesel drivers thinking about going electric for their next car? What needs to change to encourage more people to make that switch?
Our online event brings together key people from Government, car manufacturers, charging infrastructure providers, highway authorities and others. Transport Focus and London TravelWatch will use this event to highlight drivers’ perspectives to those gearing up for an electric future.
Confirmed panellists include:
- Office for Zero Emission Vehicles – Emily Sam, Head of EV Infrastructure Strategy and Consumers
- Nissan Europe – Helen Perry, Head of Electric Passenger Cars and Infrastructure
- Gridserve – Sam Clarke, Chief Vehicle Officer
- Moto motorway services – Ken McMeikan, Chief Executive
- Electric Vehicle Association England – Bridget Phelps, Chair
- Highways England – Malcolm Wilkinson, Head of Energy and ITS
- Transport for London – Christina Calderato, Head of Transport Strategy and Planning
- bp pulse – Matteo de Renzi, Chief Executive.
Transport Focus chief executive Anthony Smith will chair the event. He’ll be joined by Transport Focus’s head of strategy Guy Dangerfield and London TravelWatch’s director Emma Gibson for a session on consumer views of electric vehicles.
The event will be held on Wednesday 10 March 2021 at 10.30am – 12pm.