Our next Board meeting
28 June 2023
Join us online in Bristol in July
What does the future hold for transport users? That’s just one of the questions that our Board and a host of speakers from the bus, rail and road sectors will be discussing at our next meeting in Bristol on 19 July.
It will be a morning of discussion on the opportunities and challenges facing transport users in Bristol and the West of England. Highlighting some of the achievements and plans for public transport and roads in the West of England, it will focus on three key areas:
- Championing the needs of transport users today: what can rail, bus and road service providers tell us about their performance and plans?
- Ensuring transport users are at the centre of policy making and decisions for tomorrow: what are the plans for improving transport services in Bristol and across the west of England?
- Inspiring future thinking: what does the future hold for transport users? Hear about our work in this area.
Some of the speaker highlights:
- Transport Focus senior stakeholder manager, Linda McCord will be talking about the importance of local bus services, and providing some headlines from our concessionary travel and barriers to bus use surveys
- Great Western Railway managing director Mark Hopwood CBE, First West of England commercial director Rob Pymm and Network Rail Western route director Marcus Jones will be giving their view from the bus and rail sectors.
- Jason Hones, National Highways regional director joins us to talk about the challenges on the regional strategic road network in the West of England.
- We also welcome both the head of integrated transport Peter Mann and the head of capital delivery Malcolm Parsons from the West of England Combined Authority alongside Melanie Watson co-chair of the Bristol Transport Board.
You can join our Board and senior team in person in Bristol, or via the live stream. Register here to watch the event online.
Or register if you want to attend the event in person and meet our Board and senior team (places limited).
To submit a question to those speaking at the event email: email@example.com
Back to newsletter