Passenger Voice August 2015: What happens to your complaints?
30 July 2015
Transport Focus helps passengers resolve complaints with train companies through an appeals process. Click here for more information on how we help.
We publish our complaints statistics on our online Data Explorer to allow you to see for yourself how train companies are performing. Our Data Explorer now includes data for complaint appeals resolved before the end of June 2015. We’ve picked out some of the headlines, but you can explore the data for your train company here.
Complaint appeals in numbers:
- We resolved 1253 complaint appeals.
- This includes 144 complaint appeals concerning East Coast, the most for any train company. This franchise is now run by Virgin Trains East Coast and we have resolved 35 complaint appeals since the new franchise began in March.
- East Coast is followed by Northern Rail (103) and South West Trains (79) as the train companies with the most appeals.
You can see how many complaint appeals we have resolved for all train companies here.
Transport Focus’s performance:
- We have worked on 959 complaint appeals with train companies so far in 2015 and have achieved an improved outcome for the passenger in 75 per cent of cases.
- We ask all passengers to rate their satisfaction with our service at the end of each case. Our passenger satisfaction score is 75 per cent, above our target of 70 per cent.
- So far this year our average time we took to resolve complaints was 24 working days, ahead of our target of 35 working days.
You can examine Transport Focus’s performance in more detail here.
We update the complaint appeal data in our Data Explorer every three months and the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) data twice a year when the latest results are published. The complaint appeal data will next be updated in October.
All complaint appeal data is also available to download here.