Passenger Voice August 2016: Transport Focus board member for Wales
29 July 2016
The Welsh Government wishes to appoint a new member to the Transport Focus board to ensure the interests of Welsh transport users are fully taken into account in our policy making and advocacy.
You will be expected to work in partnership with staff and key stakeholders across Wales and Great Britain. You will help ensure that the voice of the transport user is not only heard but understood and acted upon by those in positions of influence.
Your role will be to use your skills and personal experience to make a difference for passengers in Wales and throughout Great Britain and, in England, users of the strategic road network. You will help represent the developing interests of transport users on the Board, whilst ensuring our work represents good value for money.
This is a non-executive role which is remunerated at £12,363 per annum on the basis of a commitment of four days per month. It will normally be offered for a term of four years, which may be renewable. The position is not pensionable.
We would like to hear from candidates who are regular users of passenger transport, and who can demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- demonstrable capacity for strategic thinking in a previous role, and evidence of how this may be directed towards making a difference for transport users
- regular user of passenger services and, in particular, Welsh and cross border services, thus able to demonstrate understanding of passenger issues, particularly in Wales
- demonstrable understanding of the Welsh political environment and its interface with the rest of Great Britain
- ability to build and sustain credible, constructive relationships with external stakeholders
- proven experience of building credible, constructive relationships with internal stakeholders.
Click here for more information.