Transport User Voice – November 2022 – Best motorway services revealed
26 October 2022
And the winner is…
Rugby services on the M6, run by Moto, has been rated the best motorway services in the annual Motorway Services User Survey.
We spoke to more than 31,000 visitors at 119 motorway services in Great Britain about their views on the toilets, staff, value of the food and drink, electric vehicle charging and the impact their visit has on the driver’s mood.
In the survey’s fifth year, motorway service operators have once again performed well overall with 93 per cent of visitors happy with their visit.
100 per cent of visitors were satisfied with their visit to Rugby services, the newest site on the motorway network. It also came out on top as the site visitors were most likely to recommend to someone making a similar journey. And it had the highest satisfaction with the toilets at 99 per cent.
For the first time Transport Focus surveyed motorway services visitors in Scotland and Wales operated by Roadchef and Welcome Break. Sarn Park (Welcome Break) is the highest rated services in Wales (97 per cent) and Hamilton (Roadchef) was the highest rated in Scotland (94 per cent).
Key survey findings across motorway services:
- Staff at services are considered helpful and friendly with nine in 10 visitors rating them positively.
- 88 per cent of visitors were satisfied with the toilets. Extra and Roadchef had the highest ratings for toilets both at 93 per cent.
- Value for money continues to be the key area for improvement with just 63 per cent of visitors satisfied.
- Stopping at the services has a positive impact on drivers’ mood – almost one in three arrive saying they feel tired, stressed or frustrated. This goes down to less than one in 10 after the visit.
- HGV drivers were the least satisfied overall at 88 per cent.
- Users charging electric or plug in hybrid vehicles rated the payment options at the services highly (91 per cent) but gave lower ratings for value for money (68 per cent) and for information available online (73 per cent).
Above picture: award being presented by Transport Focus chief executive Anthony Smith to Moto Rugby site operations manager Alex Purcarea and Moto chief executive Ken McMeikan.
Take a look at all the survey results here.
Back to newsletter.