Transport User Voice – February 2018 – Opportunity to make a difference for transport users
31 January 2018
Could you be our next Board member?
The Department for Transport is to appoint two new members to the Board of Transport Focus. You will help ensure that the voice of the passenger and the road user is not only heard but understood and acted upon by those in positions of influence. This is a role for a proactive person with the capacity to identify the need for, and to promote, change, both within Transport Focus and across the industry.
We would like to hear from people who have experience of consumer issues, so they can support Transport Focus to have an even greater impact in the future, and who can demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- a clear understanding of the issues facing both passengers and road users
- a track record showing experience and understanding of effectively engaging on consumer issues, including consumer advocacy and representation
- strategic thinking skills that can be applied to the transport network and its users
- the ability to build credible, constructive relationships with stakeholders
- a demonstrable understanding of the political environment and its interface with the transport sector
- provide support, insight and constructive challenge to ensure that Transport Focus maximises its impact.
Find out how to apply here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 March 2018