Transport User Voice – June 2018 – Busting congestion in Bristol
25 May 2018
What impact is congestion have on journeys in Bristol?
Over the past year Transport Focus has played an active role in Bristol’s Congestion Task Force to help improve local journeys. Through various discussions and local consultation responses we have emphasised the following points:
- any changes to existing bus routes should be the for the benefit of passengers
- passenger views should be sought at the early stages of the design process and their needs should be a key to the future design of Broadmead and the surrounding area
- the role of the bus is key to delivering reduced congestion and air pollution in the Bristol City region
- Transport Focus strongly support the delivery of well-designed bus priority infrastructure
- we welcome investment in the resilience of the highways network which should help to deliver improved reliability for bus passengers and the city’s parking strategy.
Our most recent Bus Passenger Survey again reinforced the huge importance passengers place in a punctual and timely bus journey. Our latest survey emphasised that the top two factors for a satisfied passenger journey in the city are the bus turning up at the stop on time and arriving at the destination on time.
Transport Focus will continue to work across the city region to ensure that the view of the bus passenger is heard and that plans are designed around their future needs.