What influences road user satisfaction?
05 July 2021
Our Strategic Roads User Survey (SRUS) measures satisfaction with journeys on the motorway and major ‘A’ roads managed by Highways England. SRUS results are available in our Data Hub.
In addition to publishing the results themselves, Transport Focus has analysed which aspects of overall satisfaction have the greatest influence on whether the journey, overall, is satisfactory.
The aspects most strongly correlated with overall satisfaction are:
- Satisfaction with journey time
- whether other delays were experienced (that is, delays not related to roadworks)
- actual journey time compared to expectation
- the level of traffic
- satisfaction with roadworks management
- satisfaction with information about roadworks
- satisfaction with the way delays were managed
- satisfaction with road surface;
- satisfaction with information provided on electronic message signs;
- satisfaction with information on permanent signs.
You can download the full report below.
Please note that this is analysis of SRUS data collected before the Covid-19 pandemic.