Buses to and from Oxford Parkway
16 November 2015
New 500 bus looks good and adds to choice
GoAhead has put on a new bus between Oxford city centre and the new Chiltern Railways station at Oxford Parkway. Looks good and GoAhead points out:
- every service is met at Oxford Parkway
- rail tickets will be accepted on the buses (the fares are now in the system for this route)
- season-ticket holders to Oxford will be able to get off and join the service in Oxford City Centre (drivers will be briefed on this)
- there will still be co-ordinators at Oxford and Oxford Parkway
- every 500 bus will be able to carry cycles (Oxford Bus Co is converting two more buses to be similar to the current Bicester Village – Oxford buses)
- Only the half-hourly connections have been put into National Rail retail systems but tickets will be accepted on every 500 bus that operates (generally every 15 minutes).
Good to see investment all round.