Going electric: the drivers’ view
10 March 2021
Join Transport Focus and London TravelWatch at our online event as we explore drivers’ experiences and views about electric vehicles.
With sales of new petrol and diesel cars phased out in 2030 as part of achieving net zero carbon emissions, we’ll be asking what is the experience of those driving electric vehicles today? Are petrol and diesel drivers thinking about going electric as their next car? What needs to change to encourage more people to switch?
Bringing together speakers from government, car manufacturers, charging infrastructure providers, highway authorities and others, Transport Focus and London TravelWatch will use this event to bring the driver’s voice to those gearing up for an electric future.
Rachel Maclean MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Department for Transport will deliver the keynote speech.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Office for Zero Emission Vehicles – Emily Sam, Head of EV Infrastructure Strategy and Consumers
- Nissan Europe – Helen Perry, Head of Electric Passenger Cars and Infrastructure
- Gridserve – Sam Clarke, Chief Vehicle Officer
- Moto motorway services – Ken McMeikan, Chief Executive
- Electric Vehicle Association England – Bridget Phelps, Chair
- Highways England – Malcolm Wilkinson, Head of Energy and ITS
- Transport for London – Christina Calderato, Head of Transport Strategy and Planning
- bp pulse – Matteo de Renzi, Chief Executive.
When: 10.30am – 12pm Wednesday 10 March 2021