House of Commons – Transport Select Committee
10 October 2016
Head of policy at Transport Focus, Mike Hewitson, will be attending the evidence session on rail franchising at the House of Commons on Monday 10th October.
In the second oral evidence session on rail franchising, the Transport Committee will hear evidence from representatives from transport user groups, as well as passenger rail operators, ownership groups and the Rail Delivery Group. The session will examine: how well the passenger is able to engage with the franchising process; the transparency and accountability of rail operator performance; the incentives of operators to invest and improve the efficiency of passenger rail; and the capabilities of the Department for Transport to handle the franchising program.
• Mike Hewitson, Head of Policy and Issues, Transport Focus
• Stephen Joseph, Chief Executive, Campaign for Better Transport
• Stephen Locke, Chair, London TravelWatch
• Elizabeth de Jong, Director of Policy, Rail Delivery Group
• Gareth Powell, Director of Strategy and Contracted Services, Surface Transport, Transport for London
• Charlie Hodgson, Managing Director, Rail Development, Go-Ahead
• Richard McClean, Managing Director, Grand Central