Accessible transport: unlocking a better normal – upcoming event
21 April 2021
What are the challenges disabled people have faced over the last year, and what have transport operators done to address this? Join Transport Focus and London TravelWatch at our online event as we explore the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on accessible transport. We’ll also be looking to the future, asking how service providers can help build a better normal for disabled people.
The event will bring together speakers from bus, rail, motorway services and disability organisations. We’ll also be hearing first-hand from disabled people about their experiences during the pandemic and aspirations for the future.
Chris Heaton-Harris MP, minister of state for transport, will deliver the keynote speech.
Our panellists are:
- Alan Benson, chair, Transport for All
- Victoria Garcia MBE, accessibility and communities manager, Brighton & Hove Buses
- Dominic Lund-Conlon, accessibility and inclusion manager, Rail Delivery Group
- Martyn Brett-Lee, commercial director, Welcome Break
- Will Bee, lead of the local travel working group, Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee (DPTAC).
The event will be chaired by Transport Focus and London TravelWatch chief executive Anthony Smith. It will take place on Tuesday 27 April 10.30am – 12pm.
Sign up to join the event here.