Information about us
What are our priorities and how are we doing?
This page outlines what we are focusing on in the upcoming year and further afield, and how we have fared over the last year. There is also information on appeal complaints that Transport Focus receives.
- Interim workplan April-July 2020
- Workplan 2019-2020
- Workplan 2018-2019
- Workplan 2017-2018
- Workplan report 2016-2017
- Workplan report 2015-2016
- Annual report and accounts 2011-12
- Annual report and accounts 2012-13
- Annual report and accounts 2013-14
- Annual report and accounts 2014-15
- Annual report and accounts 2015-16
- Annual report and accounts 2016-17
- Complaints appeal data – how are we doing?
This page in our open data tool allows you to see a breakdown of how many appeal complaints Transport Focus has received in the last five years along with resolution time and Passenger Satisfaction Survey scores.
An overview of the performance of the organisation as a whole is reported to the Board every quarter. You can find a record of these reports in the Board minutes.
Who we are and what we do
Below you will find information on staff and organisational roles and responsibilities, staff structure, legislation relating to our functions and location details of our offices.
Read more about our history here.
Information relating to the legislation relevant to Transport Focus’s functions
Information relating to organisations with which Transport Focus works in partnership
Transport Focus has adopted the Model Publication Scheme, prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner. This scheme commits Transport Focus to making certain information routinely available to the public.
You can read it here.
Availability and Charges
Wherever possible, information will be made available through the website free of charge. Where this option is not possible, alternative methods of accessing the information will be detailed. If requesting information by any means other than the website you will be informed of any charges that apply before completing the request.
Any information listed within the sections below without a link may be requested via email, and will be sent to you, assuming that it is available. Please send your request to email@example.com
Guide to sections included in the Publication Scheme
Listed below are the different sections of information that we routinely publish to the website. Click on a heading to locate published documents on this topic
- Who we are and what we do
Current information on our organisation, structure, locations and contacts
- What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to Transport Focus’s activities
- What our priorities are and how are we doing
Strategies, plans and performance indicators
- How we make decisions
Board meeting minutes and papers where we make decisions
- Policies and procedures
Terms of reference, recruitment and privacy policies
- Lists and registers
Gifts and hospitality register, staff and Board external interests list
- The services we offer
Services we provide including publications, online tools, press releases and complaints information
Freedom of Information Act requests
Requests for information can be made via the website or sent in writing to:
2-6 Salisbury Square
Tel: 0300 123 0860
The request must be made in writing and must also contain the following:
- the name of the applicant and an address for correspondence (including email)
- a description of the information required.
Whilst the description need not be comprehensive, being as specific as possible and including relevant dates will help to speed up the process.
It should also be noted that the request does not need to contain the words “Freedom of Information Act”.
In accordance with regulations under the legislation, fees may apply for meeting requests. If this is the case you will notified, and the request will be met once the fee has been paid.
Alternatively, the information you are looking for may be available on our Publication Scheme page.
What we spend and how we spend it
- The Department for Transport publishes expenditure over £500 – from this website you can download a spreadsheet detailing our expenditure
- Pay Bands
- Staff and board members allowances and expenses – expenses policy
- Annual Reports and Accounts
We publish the items listed below in Board meeting minutes and papers which can be found on the publications page.
- Financial statements, budgets and variance reports and also project expenditure
- Internal audit reports
- Major plans for capital expenditure.
All of our contracts, procurement and tenders are advertised and accessible through the following websites:
How we make decisions
Transport Focus makes major decisions at Board meetings, held in public four times per year. We also make decisions at monthly management team meetings.
You can find all Board meeting papers and minutes on the publications page.
Our Board meets regularly in public – keep an eye on our social media for an invite to the next one!
Policies and procedures
Below you will find documents outlining the policies and procedures for our committees, recruitment, customer service, and personal data and charging regimes.
Conduct of business:
- Constitution General – Outlining the powers afforded to, and duties of Transport Focus
- Constitution General – Transport Focus Wales Ltd – Memorandum and Articles of Association
Terms of reference for committees:
- Statistics Governance Group
- Management Team
- Audit, Risk Assurance and Remuneration Committee
- Passenger Contact Group
- Franchising Task Force
- Bus, Coach and Tram Task Force
Recruitment and employment of staff:
Records management and personal data policies:
Charging regimes and policies:
Lists and registers
Gifts and hospitality
- Staff and Board member declarations for 2011/12
- Staff and Board member declarations for 2012/13
- Staff and Board member declarations for 2013/14
- Staff and Board member declarations for 2014/15
- Staff and Board member declarations for 2015/16
- Staff and Board member declarations for 2016/17
Staff and Board
- Register of Board member and senior staff external interests – This register discloses material and political interests declared by Board Members and senior staff (in grades F and above). It is periodically updated and re-uploaded to our website
- National Audit Office – guide to conflicts of interest.
Transport Focus is committed to transparency, and as part of that effort we hold Board meetings in public several times a year. Lockdown put paid to real-life meetings but we’ve now started broadcasting live-streamed sessions, where members of the public can ask questions no matter where they are in the country. Progress! Click here to watch November’s meeting.