Letter to bus industry about poor performance in west of England
17 January 2020
We wrote to a number of bus operators about poor performance in the west of England, setting out our key asks for passengers:
- a consistent approach to the management of the highway network – passengers don’t recognise administrative boundaries and expect local councils to work together to manage traffic
- actively manage roadworks to minimise disruption
- enforcement of bus stops, bus lanes and waiting restrictions so that buses are not held up by indiscriminate parking.
- provision of bus priority to protect buses from the congestion hotspots
- improved communication to passengers when disruption does occur.