Ticket office consultation: summary of responses
07 December 2023
On 31 October 2023 Transport Focus objected to train company proposals to close ticket offices. Subsequently, the Department for Transport and train companies announced that all plans had been withdrawn.
Transport Focus has published detailed responses to each train company setting out the reasons behind this decision. This document sets out Transport Focus’s decision and provides a post-consultation summary of the process. It covers:
- the main reasons for Transport Focus objecting to the proposals
- an outline of the consultation process
- a summary of responses from the public and organisations
- a demographic survey of consultation respondents
- the criteria used to assess train company proposals.