We are the independent transport user watchdog
Our mission is to get the best deal for passengers and road users. With a strong emphasis on evidence-based campaigning and research, we ensure that we know what is happening on the ground.
We use our knowledge to influence decisions on behalf of passengers and road users to secure improvements and make a difference.
Passenger Focus became Transport Focus on 30 March 2015
In addition to representing passengers, Transport Focus now represents users of the Strategic Roads Network (SRN) in England.
What is Transport Focus doing for me?
We’re here to put the interests of transport users first. We do this by:
Campaigning for improvements
- gathering research and information, like the National Rail Passenger Survey, where over 50,000 rail passengers a year give us their views about their rail journeys, the Bus Passenger Survey and the Tram Passenger Survey, so we understand the issues that matter to you
- working with government and the industry to ensure that the transport user voice is heard when making decisions about the future
- we seek the views and experiences of transport users to influence improvements
- we focus on a number of key issues, including:
- fares and tickets
- quality and level of services
Resolving complaints with rail companies
- if you make a complaint and you are unhappy with the response we may be able to take up your complaint with the rail company involved
- click here to see some case studies of passengers we have helped recently
- click here to see how our passenger advisors handle complaint appeals and here to see a typical week for our passenger managers
- you can look up complaint appeals we have received for each operator on our data tool here.
Want to keep up to date with our work?
We have two monthly e-newsletters, Passenger Voice and Road User Voice, and send out email alerts for new research, events or other interesting updates. Click here to sign up to any or all of the above.